eMarketer reported significant growth in online ad spending, according to a forecast through 2009. Highlights:
- Online ad spend will exceed $10 billion for the first time in 2005
- eMarketer expects online ad spending to reach over $22 billion by 2009
Is this a huge growth in the overall advertising market? Perhaps, according to eMarketer. What is influencing this growth:
- Online ad spend growth is coming at the expense of other media, like television, print, etc.
- Increased advertiser budgets
- Larger percentages of ad budgets being moved to online advertising
- Increased prices for some online advertising options
Do these numbers have a direct impact on your business? Well, seeing the overall advertising trend can help you evaluate your own advertising mix. For example, there has been a decided shift in budget allocation to online options recently. Are your competitors moving online? Can you make the move and gain an advantage over your competitors?
eMarketer also reports that though online ad spending is growing, the online advertising audience is growing even more rapidly. I smell o-p-p-o-r-t-u-n-i-t-y.
Have you had experience taking advantage of this trend? I would love to hear about your experience!